XenForo Guides How To Use Google Feedburner To Send Your Threads To Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr

DeLeTeD Jan 24, 2016

1. DeLeTeD

DeLeTeD Administrator Site Admin

This was originally posted on my site as a private blog to show my members how to maximize the potential of their Better Blogs. This tutorial not only applies to blogs but it also applies to your sites' forum's RSS and XenMedio RSS. So... sign into

You don't have permission to view link. Please Register or Login to view this link.

with your google account. If you don't have a google account, create one. It's required for feedburner. Totally worth it too. What your going to do next is copy the RSS link of your forum/subforum, blog and/or xenmedio profile link and 'burn it' through feedburner. Feedburner will then give you a new RSS link that comes with tracking and enhances your site's search relevance, which in turns, increases it's traffic. If you have advertisements, it also increases the likelihood of them being clicked.

This resource is unsupported.

After you enter your RSS url (my admin account RSS is

You don't have permission to view link. Please Register or Login to view this link.

) select a title for your feed and make sure your feed address reflects your title.

For example.

Feed Title: 8thos Admin's Blog.

Feed Address: 8thosAdminBlog

Click Next. It says Congrats and shows your new RSS link.

Your new RSS feed is now

You never have to use your old RSS link again.

Click Next again. Check the box that says 'Clickthroughs' and the box that says 'I want more'. Click Next.

Click Optimize at the top and activate SmartFeed.

Click Publicize at the top and activate Pingshot.

The next step may or may not work. It wasn't working when I tried this but you can basically have your feeds automatically go to your twitter. To do so click Publicize, then Socialize, activate your Twitter then Activate. If that doesn't work, then the next step is Dlvr it.

Create a

account and add your new RSS Feedburner Link. Ex.

Where it says Choose New Route, hit +Add and add your feedburner RSS link there. Hit save and your done with that part. No need to bother with the extra options unless you want to make sure it doesn't repost all your threads/blogs/vids at the same time. You can choose between that, only the future threads/blogs/vids you post or the threads/blogs/vids you posted that whole month. You can also choose the amount of time between updates.

Once your feed is added, click on destinations and hit add. From here you can add Twitter, Facebook, tumblr, linkedin, delicious and some other services. What this means is that your threads/blogs/vids RSS will now be reposted to your Twitter, Facebook, tumblr, linkedin and delicious. In other words, once you post a thread/blog/vid on 8thos, it will be reposted on those sites automatically if you have it connected in dlvr it. You could skip the feedburner part and do this step with just your regular threads/blogs/vids url, but your stats will not be tracked and you won't receive as much traffic.

whome and Armaan Ali like this.
  2. Armaan Ali

Armaan Ali New Member NS Member